Pair Up to Shape Up!!
We all have days when our motivation to hit the gym lags. Once we reach the point that we are fed up with not reaching our goals and need a change, we either seek motivation from outside sources, or lose it altogether.
To keep yourself excited, challenged, and working toward your personal goals, get yourself a suitable workout partner (someone you enjoy doing activities with) and then enlist the services of a certified personal trainer. Here is why:
Benefits of Partner Personal training
- The Motivation Factor:Personal Trainers live to keep you motivated. Having a qualified professional assessing your progress and strategizing improvements helps to push you when you feel like you can’t do anymore. Having a partner working alongside you – and in many cases – relying on you for support even further adds to your motivation.
- The Commitment Factor: Motivation can be hard after a long day at the office or early in the morning. Having scheduled sessions with both your trainer and your partner encourages you to get you to the gym. This means less cancellation and rescheduling due to “not feeling like it”. While it may be a thorn in your side 10 percent of the time, having a commitment to others will help you to persevere when others would throw in the towel. And that feels a lot better than munching down a box of bon-bons!
- The Consistency Factor: You may be great at making your personal training appointments but find that you “fall off the wagon” on your homework days. Having a training partner makes you accountable to yourself and to your trainer. Plus, partners tend to push one another, making the most of the workouts away from their trainer
- Birds of a feather flock together: You have made the commitment to lead a healthier lifestyle, get in shape, lose weight, etc. however, your friends and family may not have caught the fitness bug. While you try to get out and exercise and choose healthier meals, they’re pushing you to come out for a drink after work or indulge in front of the television. Having a training partner not only gives you motivation, but also a friend that supports your healthy lifestyle. You’ll have someone who shares your enthusiasm for active living, your taste for complete and balanced meals, and the costs of personal training!
- It’s a no brainer:You may be a beginner and are not sure where to start, or maybe you’ve hit a plateau in your current training and are not really sure how to change it up. Your trainer will design a program specifically for your goals, needs and fitness level. When training with a partner, a good trainer will work with both of you while still adapting the workout to suit both of your fitness levels and goals. Your trainer will determine the amount of resistance, repetition and frequency. You just have to show up prepared to work!
- Set you goals and stay on track:Sometimes we jump onto the fitness bandwagon a little to quickly. While the enthusiasm is great, we need to be realistic. Are we really going to look like we did in high school after three kids? Hhhmm. Your trainer will help you determine realistic and healthy goals within an appropriate time frame. They will also make sure you are on track, and will adjust your program as needed.
Statistics show that those who work out with both a personal trainer and a training partner achieve and maintain better results than those who go at it solo. So, what are you waiting for!!
Lindsey Vaughan is a Personal Trainer at our Trans Canada Mall Location and a BIG fan of partner training.
Book an appointment with Lindsey now!